Tourist visas are intended for leisure and sightseeing activities only up to 90 days.
Applications are personal and may be submitted to any Consular Office of the Argentine Republic. If you choose to apply at the Consulate of Argentina in Atlanta follow these instructions:
1. Original signed Visa Application Form and one passport type picture with white background.
2. Copy of the first page of the passport (it must be valid for at least 6 months after entering Argentina) and have at least 2 blank pages.
3. Copy of US visa or Green Card, in case of non US citizens.
4. Proof of sufficient funds to cover stay:
- Bank statements from the last 3 months.
- And ATM receipt and card, linked to those bank statements, with the account balance of the day of the interview. It must be presented at the time of the appointment.
If you do not have an ATM card, you will bring those bank statements certified (see point 4.a), signed by an authorized bank representative whose signature must be notarized with the legend “signed before me” and authenticated with the Apostille at the Secretary of State where the notary signed.
- Additional proof of funds and financial solvency may be required at the sole discretion of the consular authority, such as:
5. Round trip reservation under the name that appears on the passport (Recommendation: do not purchase tickets before obtaining the visa)
6. Hotel reservation and itinerary under the name that appears on the passport
7. If no hotel reservation has been made and an individual in Argentina has extended an invitation, a Letter of Invitation signed before a public notary “Escribano Público” and legalized by “Colegio de Escribanos”, must be sent in original by courrier to the Consulate of Argentina
9. Consular interview: you must appear in person on the date of the appointment.
How to obtain a visa Appointment
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail, with a copy all of the Requirements listed above.
- The appointment will be scheduled only when all the required documents have been received and reviewed, and is subject to availability.
- All of the information sent by email must be presented in original form at the time of the visa appointment.
- Visa fee: $150, cash or money order made to Consulate of Argentina
- Expedited processing fee: $ 40 (check with the consular authority if you qualify for this option)
1. Failure to submit any of the requirements in original the day of the appointment will cause its cancellation. Therefore, it will be re-scheduled for a later date, once all the documentation has been received and reviewed, and is subject to availability at the time of the request.
2. FULFILMENT OF ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE GRANTING OF A VISA, WHICH REMAINS AT THE EXCLUSIVE PREROGATIVE OF THE ARGENTINE STATE.
3. Some nationalities may require extra time to process the visa (6-8 weeks from the day of the interview) so plan accordingly.