This visa is for studying in the Argentine Republic for a period up to 6 months. Applications for student visas can be submitted at the Consular Office of the Argentine Republic corresponding to the place of residence of the student.
If you live in AL, MS, KY, TN, SC or GA, you may apply at the Consulate General of Argentina in Atlanta.
There is a different procedure if: a) the student’s stay is for more than 6 months and up to 1 year, and/or, b) attending school for FORMAL STUDIES (“Estudiante Formal”).
A. for the school in Argentina (for Spanish click here)
Once the student is registered and accepted, the educational institution in Argentina must send to email@example.com the following information:
1. RENURE registration: The educational institution must be duly registered with the National Registry of Petitioners on behalf of Foreign Applicants of Argentina (RENURE) and obtain their registration number. If the host is not registered with RENURE, please call (54-11) 4317-0200/0303/0337 to complete the registration process.
2. Copy of the "PRECARGA ELECTRONICA DE DATOS” signed by an authorized representative with RENURE
3. A letter with the student’s information and study program/classes signed by the same authorized representative person with RENURE that files the “Precarga Electrónica de Datos”.
B. for the student in the U.S.A
1. Original signed Visa Application Form and one passport type picture with white background.
2. Copy of the first page of the passport (it must be valid for at least 6 months after entering Argentina) and have at least 2 blank pages.
3. Copy of US visa or Green Card, in case of non US citizens.
4. Proof of sufficient funds to cover stay and study expenses:
- Student and/or parent’s bank statements from the last 3 months.
In case of the latter, parents must sign an affidavit of financial support. This document must be signed:
1) at the Consulate of Argentina in Atlanta or,
2) in front of a Notary Public and authenticated with the Apostille (issued by the Secretary of State where the Notary signed). Include notarized copy of the ID the parents use to sign.
- And, ATM receipt and card, linked to those bank statements, with the account balance of the day of the interview. It must be presented at the time of the appointment.
If you do not have an ATM card, you will bring certified bank statements (see point 4.a), signed by an authorized bank representative whose signature must be notarized with the legend “signed before me” and authenticated with the Apostille at the Secretary of State where the notary signed.
- Consular authorities may require supplementary or additional documents, if deemed necessary, such as:
- Airline and accommodation reservation for the entire stay
- Health coverage for the complete stay in Argentina,
- Proof and method of program payment (grants, scholarships, school statement, etc)
- Bank Confirmation Letter (signed, notarized and with Apostille)
- Among other documents and financial information
5. The U.S. school must send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, signed by a recognized representative, with the student's information and the terms of the study abroad program with a special reference to the student’s expenses such as tuition, accommodations and meals during the student study period in Argentina
7. Consular interview: you must appear in person on the date of the appointment.
8. The student will not be able to enter Argentina after the course’s start date that is shown on the electronic filing in the National Directorate of Migration (“Precarga Electrónica de Datos”), so plan your trip reservation accordingly.
9. If the student is a minor, authorization by both parents in order to apply for the visa and the name of the tutor responsible in Argentina.
How to obtain a visa Appointment
- By e-mail to email@example.com, or by regular mail, with a copy all of the Requirements listed above.
- The appointment will be scheduled only when all the required documents have been received and reviewed, and is subject to availability.
- All of the information sent by email must be presented in original form at the time of the visa appointment.
- Visa fee: $150, cash or money order made to Consulate of Argentina
- Expedited processing fee: $ 40 (check with the consular authority if you qualify for this option)
1. Failure to submit any of the requirements in original the day of the appointment will cause its cancellation. Therefore, it will be re-scheduled for a later date, once all the documentation has been received and reviewed and is subject to availability at the time of the request.
2. FULFILMENT OF ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE GRANTING OF A VISA, WHICH REMAINS AT THE EXCLUSIVE PREROGATIVE OF THE ARGENTINE STATE.
3. Some nationalities may require extra time to process the visa (6-8 weeks from the day of the interview) so plan accordingly.