This visa is intended for any person who will carry out paid or unpaid activities, for up to 30 days, in the following fields: technical, professional, scientific or artistic. It also includes students and those attending congresses and fairs.
Applications are personal and may be submitted to any Consular Office of the Argentine Republic. If you choose to apply at the Consulate of Argentina in Atlanta follow these instructions:
1. Original signed Visa Application Form and one passport type picture with white background.
2. Copy of the first page of the passport (it must be valid for at least 6 months after entering Argentina) and have at least 2 blank pages.
3. Copy of US visa or Green Card, in case of non US citizens.
The letter must:
- contain all the information detailed in the sample letter, including the RENURE number,
- be signed before an “Escribano Público” (Argentine Notary Public) and certified by the “Colegio de Escribanos” (Association of Notaries Public in Argentina) and,
- be sent by courier or postal service directly to the Consulate of Argentina in Atlanta (245 Peachtree Center Ave, Suite 2450, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA)
5. Proof of activity in the place of residence that relates to the required visa (work, study or other), such as: visitor's profession/student/employer letter signed by a recognized representative.
6. Signed copy of this form
7. Consular interview: you must appear in person on the date of the appointment
The consular authority might request additional information if deemed necessary, before or after the day of the interview.
HOW TO OBTAIN VISA APPOINTMENT
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail, with a copy all of the Requirements listed above.
The appointment will be scheduled only when all the required documents have been received and reviewed, and is subject to availability.
All of the information sent by email must be presented in original form at the time of the visa appointment.
Visa fee: $200, cash or money order made to Consulate of Argentina
Expedited processing fee: $ 40 (check with the consular authority if you qualify for this option)
Failure to submit any of the requirements in original the day of the appointment will cause its cancellation. Therefore, it will be re-scheduled for a later date, once all the documentation has been received and reviewed, and is subject to availability at the time of the request.
FULFILMENT OF ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE GRANTING OF A VISA, WHICH REMAINS AT THE EXCLUSIVE PREROGATIVE OF THE ARGENTINE STATE.
Some nationalities may require extra time to process the visa (6-8 weeks from the day of the interview) so plan accordingly.